View Single Post
Old 31st October 2017, 12:36 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Urgh. Not good.

Profitability may return yet though. As long as there's nothing more efficient than the D3, those who are mining it will likely hold rather than sell at a loss, which should drive the prices up, making it profitable again.

I think you are probably right about the S9 being a safer long-term bet, due to the global hash-rate stability caused by greater saturation. But I think the greater threat with any ASIC miner is the risk of it being superseded by something much more efficient. I wonder which is the safest bet in that respect: The D3 and L3+ models that have only just been released and seem to be ahead of the competition, or the S9 that has probably been around for well over a year now? ...
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust