Thread: Brake Block
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
A bit off-topic here I know, but provided "the price is right" I wouldn't worry at all about the surface finish of the 3D-printed foglight grilles.

After all, they are hardly visible being very low down, black, often dirty, and I'm sure most buyers would be happy to give the visible surface a rub down to remove obvious imperfections.
+1

Given the choice between a ruddy great hole (and ruinously high cost of replacement) or a 3D-printed grille with a rough ‘n’ ready finish, I’ll take the printed grille every time! Besides, to cut labour costs, I’m sure most owners on here that ordered one would be more than willing to do their own cosmetic/polishing work themselves, to save money.

May even be worth doing some kind of swap scheme so that people would at least have matching grilles (either both printed or both genuine) if you get my meaning. Or the punter sends you their single remaining genuine grille and you supply 2 printed grilles at a reduced rate. Of course if someone orders a certain side grille and you happen to have genuine, then could offer to sell that one to them. Something along those lines..

Last edited by Green Goblin; 18th November 2018 at 09:39 AM.