Thread: Lifting an S8
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2022, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly that is what I thought – I had a good look at the sills and didn’t think they looked particularly suitable as lifting areas! It was a small hope… ��

I was measuring the rubber lifting pads – the inside edges are about 1700mm apart, and they are about 90mm long each. This seems to be unusually wide spacing though, as the Kwik Lift was apparently designed to fit a F150 truck and the chap I spoke to thought the S8 would be no problem – unfortunately not!

Funnily enough I did not even realize there were also separate scissor-jack lifting points until I started looking into all this. Fortunately I have never had the need to use the S8’s jack yet…

A small lift is a possibility, but I was hoping for something fairly portable. My garage is an old steading which is long and narrow-ish (about 12x4m) so cars go in one at a time. It would be useful to lift whatever the current project is (usually sitting at the back) or the one in use (hopefully sitting at the front). I am also not sure how thick the concrete floor is (for the post bolts), but do plan to re-lay this at some point in the future. It might just have to be something that waits for a while!

I will keep looking though. My looming rear end re-fresh and brake overhaul might just have to be done on my trusty axel stands…