View Single Post
Old 9th February 2012, 07:27 PM

Audi paintwork is notoriously hard and makes detailing a nightmare of a job, usually well beyond the capabilities of the average petrol head.

On the other hand, one good thing about Range Rover is their paint is a delight to work on, not too soft and not too hard so well within my scope. When I vied my Range Rover the paintwork was very poor, it had been a farmers car and been through the fields, along hedgerows, probably carrying sheep to the market, towing horse boxes and whatever else farmers do with their cars, it really was a shambles. But I saw the potential and made an offer which was eventually accepted much to my surprise. It took about 3 weeks to complete the detailing work and was well worth the effort.

The interior was first to be tackled, it was covered in horse hairs and had a smell of dog pee so it was stripped out and everything steam cleaned, disinfected, leather fed and rebuilt

The exterior never had so much as a parking ding in the bodywork, but the scratches were something I had never seen as bad before

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro