View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 08:02 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

My trip home was spoiled by a slipped disc and a trapped nerve, but the car is a delight! So quiet and, seriously, if you’ve followed the thread, the attention to detail throughout is staggering! Apart from the unexpected discoveries along the way, we did a visual inspection on the ramp when I first took the car in and identified a number of front suspension issues, which ‘the doctor’ fixed as well.
I’ve had long-standing cooling issues since my last cam belt change, which have now gone away and, in addition to all the documented work, the car has had a full cam belt service, an incredible under-bonnet clean and countless issues fixed along the way - just because of the fabulous attention to detail that MJ brings.
You may have guessed that I am chuffed to bits. And I’m tentatively booked in next Spring for a complete rear subframe and suspension rebuild,
After some deliberations, I’ve decided that I’m keeping the car in the long term - and I know who’ll be taking care of it!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).