View Single Post
Old 15th December 2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Have you still got access to the green menu?

I'd just rattle through there ticking all the boxes

Things that don't work don't show up anyway like the oil level for example
Thanks for your comments 'DelBoy'

I originally didn't have access to the 'Green Menu' but fortunately I have VCDS and the label file for the A8 Control Head is not encrypted [it's a .lbl rather than a .clb], so I was able to read the file and do some appropriate Adaptation to restore it.

However, some of the Adaptation settings for the CH are either not described by Ross Tech or are not very clear. But I think I've been able to reset most of what was there but with so many options, I don't recall what was there in the first place. Hence the recommendation to all forum users to save the adaptation settings before you need them.

But as your suggestion; this morning when I found the Parking System option wasn't on the menu, I restored it by ticking the Green Menu options for 'front' and 'back'. I'll check to see what changed in Adaptation later.

Julian

BTW; if anyone feels like using VCDS to dump your CH Adaptations to a CSV and attaching it to this thread, it may be interesting and even helpful to see what a 'working' one looks like against my reset one, now partially restored, that's attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1 adpmap-07-4E0-910-769-Q.CSV with comments.txt (9.7 KB, 360 views)

Audi A8 3.0TDI MY2005 in Midnight Blue. Gone since 2018, after 10 years!

Last edited by JulianHicks; 15th December 2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Typos