View Single Post
Old 16th September 2018, 02:56 PM

Default Webasto won't fire, fuel or communication?

Noticed lately that the aux heater doesn't work and give error code in VCDS with "No Flame".

Totally get 3 errors for the Aux Heater:
01406 - No Flame
01336 - Company Data Bus for Comfort System - No signal/communication
01407 - Flame Extinguished

And one for the CAN Gateway
01207 Control Module for Auxiliary Heater - No Signal/Communication

I wonder if the 01336 and 01207 are related to one another, and are triggered because of the Webasto goes into lock and need to be reset/opened after "No Flame" error?

I've taken the Webasto out and apart, and everything looks fine. The glow plug measures 0,5 ohm, with the probes shortened 0,2 ohm, so should give about 0,3 something for the glow plug alone. From what I understand that should be okay?

Tried to test run the Webasto from the VCDS, while not connecting the fuel line, and everything seems to start and run as it should apart from that it obviously didn't fire. No diesel came from the fuel line, so I expect maybe the dosing pump to be faulty?

Question is, should I follow the communication errors, or are those related to not firing, or should I check the dosing pump?

The last question is, where is the dosing pump located? I've searched high and low online but can't find any information about it.

The car is a A8 2006 3.0TDI and the Webasto doesn't have a timer or remote.
S8 anti-roll bars front and rear
Complete rear LED taillight
Xenon fog lights
All interior LED
S8 rims 9x20"
Stage II tune
S8 Grill