View Single Post
Old 25th June 2018, 11:06 AM

Phaeton was built side by side in the factory with the Bentley Flying Spur. Aluminium was Audi's thing so it is quite a bit heavier than the A8, as you say.

I've always had a niggling temptation to go for the V10 TDI Phaeton if the right one came up. There is a lurrrrvly LWB one just come up for sale. LWB ones are pretty rare, V10 diesels are even rarer, and LWB V10 diesel 4-seaters with the rear centre console and almost fully spec'd are incredibly rare. It's getting close to being able to count the amount of 4-seater ones left on one hand.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ize=5.0&page=1

In my eyes, that is the 'right one' but the mileage is making me uncomfortable. I'm going to go and have a look at it this week though.

As far as the diesels go, early ones are pre-DPF which straight away eliminates certain issues, but some expensive problems can pop up such as new turbos, diesel injectors and suspension air struts. The air struts are all linked as well so I think I'm right in saying they all have to be replaced at once.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8

Last edited by Conquistador; 25th June 2018 at 11:11 AM.