View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
There's a blast from the past, I had a Longlife exhaust made and fitted to my specifications on my S4. I drove down to Leeds with the missus and chose the type of tip I wanted (large oval, suited the bumper shape perfect) then off we went for a few hours doing a bit of shopping and had something to eat. We got back at the time requested and it was all done, but still on a ramp so I could have a look at the installation, very happy with it, and it sounded lovely.

If my memory serves me well it was about £600, but this would be almost 12 years ago. They opened a branch more local to me in the meantime and quoted me ~£1,000 for a cat back exhaust for my D2, but I bought and S8 one from Prestige instead for around a tenth of the price and polished the tips up on that.

Thinking back, I had a problem with the Longlife exhaust knocking on the underside of the car under heavy acceleration so they asked me to take it back down, changed some rubbers or something, and covered the cost of my fuel, which I thought was excellent service at the time.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra