View Single Post
Old 19th January 2024, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
The one pedal driving where you never need the brake is the way forward. Press down, you go, lift off a bit, it regen brakes, lift off completely and its going to bring you to a gentle halt.
That's how the 2nd gen Leaf is setup isn't it?

I find stop-start to be fine on our Mk7 Golf, BUT stop-start combined with hill hold assist is a complete pain in the arse. There is virtually no point to HHA on an auto, aside from the fact that you can take your foot off the brake pedal and not blind those sitting behind you with the high level brake light.

In our Golf with both HHA and stop-start active needs you to really understand how the systems are working together to use them without jolting progress. If you stop with both active, you need to give the throttle a gentle tap before you set off, to wake the engine up, then a 2nd gentle tap to release the brakes. Then it's fine. Try to do both together and it'll lurch forward with a jolt. If you really want to mess with your brain having ACC working as well can make it fairly nasty to use, if you're not understanding the interactions between the systems.

The only time I use HHA is if I'm stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway/a major A road, so it's off more than it's on. If I'm setting off on a very steep slope I'll put the parking brake on and rely on auto-release.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC