View Single Post
Old 6th March 2014, 01:44 PM

Default Looking at a A8 D3

I'm sorry if this has been covered before or in the wrong section.

The gearbox finally let go on my B5 and I'm looking for something else.
I'm currently toying with the idea of a D3 or a C6.

I've set myself a budget and I'm sticking to it as much as it hurts when I can see what I can get if I go a little bit over. But I must be strong.

While sticking with in my budget it appears that you get a lot more car for your money with a D3 but the miles always seem to be be around 150k for a 2005ish year D3.

Is there anything to worry about with high mile A8s with the 3.0 or 4.0 TDI engines?

I've noticed a couple 2003/2004 D3s with in my budget with less miles, which I assume is good but if there anything to worry about with the early D3s?

I've noticed a lot of adverts saying the screen mech breaks and the screen can't move in and out on its anymore but its a simple fix of replacing the cogs.
Is there a guide for this?

When looking for a D3, is there anything to be careful, keep an eye out for or you would recommend having?

I came across this advert and thought it looked like a nice, well speced motor, low miles, good warranty.
http://www.crossstreetusedcars.co.uk...01401221211576

As a passing example, what are people's thoughts on that one?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.