View Single Post
Old 18th March 2018, 12:04 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Managed to get some pics without showing the mess Just for size reference the inside diameter of that ducting is 315mm.
Can't be any messier than my cellar. With no garage or usable loft, my cellar is piled high with stuff. Took a while just to clear a space large enough for the miners (I'll try to get some photos up when I have time).

That ducting is huge. I stuck with 100mm, mainly because 100mm ducting adaptors were readily available for Anminers. I like how you've made the ducting so much prettier though, by tying it up with red ribbons and bows ... I just used back cable ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
So... discussion point: how much is it worth to host a miner at my place?

Its always cold, even in the summer and I wouldn't mind some extra heat. I have plenty of space to build a server room where the noise isn't an issue. Electricity is 14p a unit unfortunately, but I do have 120KW of it.
I suppose if you want to make it worthwhile for yourself and the rentees you'd have to take into account what you would normally pay for heating. Subtract that from the cost of running the miners and set the rental charge at a level that makes you some profit while leaving enough room for the rentee to make a little profit too.

Alternatively, if you're willing to take the ROI risk, you could buy a few S9s yourself and rent them out. When they've eventually paid for themselves, hopefully in around 12 months or less, all the profit is yours.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust