View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 08:26 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I'm sure we met, though we were staying at Penmaenuchauf not The George. Irish Green Pearl FL D2 S8 with S8 personal plate (see sig).
Ah yes. I think I remember the car. We probably did meet -- I'm hopeless at remembering names and faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I guess you get used to it, but I still remember the first time I really used the power of my first S8 (grey one in sig pic) when passing someone who was already going quite quickly.
SWMBO was with me and vaguely noticed we had speeded up somewhat, I didn't tell her that we had just added over 50mph in a very short time with no fuss whatsoever.
A brutal neck-snap is no longer something I'm interested in TBH, just smooth excessive power.
Totally with you there. I frequently have moments like that in my S8, and it never gets boring. I just love the smooth power delivery and the roar of the V8; no EV could ever replace that.

My opinion of Teslas, pre-Snowdonia, was exactly the same as yours. While the acceleration is instant, it is also very smooth. But they're so much more than just a quick electric car. You really have to experience it for yourself. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust