View Single Post
Old 10th March 2021, 03:54 PM

I think Audi originally quoted 'up to 200k miles'. My car has just hit 100k and today is back from a service at my local dealership. Discs were fine, although I know they didn't weigh them, even though it is the proper way to assess them. I don't have any wear circles that I am aware of either so all good. The pads are around 70% worn but they didn't advise they required changing yet either. The pads are still original as far as I can tell - there are no invoices to say they were ever changed (I have every receipt from the 1st service). So, yes they are expensive to buy, although they need replacing very rarely.

I would imagine an S8 with steel brakes would have gone through perhaps 2 sets of discs and 3 sets of pads by now?

I just checked ETKA and the price seems to have increased on Ceramic discs. They could be quoting a pair but are £4700!
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder