View Single Post
Old 21st December 2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
That might be a good option, although those two wires are a biy heavier than most of the wiring, so may interfere. From memory, the bonnet release grommet is about one inch in diameter. According to the wiring diagram they are 4.0, which might mean 4mm2, but I'm not sure if that is correct. There is a third wire that you can see in the photo that I got from eBay (surprised at how cheap the modules are) which is very thin, and that goes to the climatronic unit.
Yes I ordered 4.5mm2 (it has 4.0mm cable) rated at 42 amps just to ensure it's not overloaded. The purple thin wire for the linbus has been routed to behind the CC unit although I haven't checked if it needs a specific CC unit or whether I can tap into the correct pin. I have managed (struggled? lol) to get the wires through the bonnet cable aperture and even through the grommet, have to test the cable release and see if it interferes. Also required is a bracket which I believe sits in the engine bay to hold the cable and a 110a fuse in the boot, both still available from TPS

Sorry IT, I should move this to a new thread
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder