View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2011, 05:15 PM

Good luck. I just had mine hollowed out on my 3.0 TDi and highly recommend it instead of investing in a new one as they are nothing but a liability.

Long story but I only the bought the car 5 weeks ago and after buying it the car became more sluggish and the turbo then blew it's housing's gas seal and whistled. Audi wanted £1,700 for a new one, but I got a new turbo for £780 and a local garage fitted and changed the oil etc.. for £450ish. but they couldn't make it go over 10mph, so towed it to Audi and they said the DPF was blocked and that the ECU had been flashed to remove any DPF related stuff, hence no error. They also found the big pre-cat near the bulkhead had been hollowed.
Maybe someone mistook it for the DPF and hollowed the cat and flashed the ECU. Audi wanted £2,280 for a new pre-cat and DPF!

The DPF itself is a sort of double unit the first third is a small catalyst and the rest 2/3 is the DPF.

The hollowing was done off the car for £117 by a small local garage including a tow from the Audi dealer.

The car goes better than it ever has and mpg is 10% higher for me and with piece of mind of not having this stupid DPF.