View Single Post
Old 24th July 2018, 12:48 PM

The latest L3++ and S9i arrived today, PSU still with DHL. I paid all the duties yesterday online so not sure why they decided that they needed to call me and ask questions if PSU is for business or personal use and what terms apply for import while the miners itself was delivered without any of that. Anyway PSU should now be with me tomorrow.

Did initial testing, S9i is consuming exactly the same power as my old S9 and both of my friends S9 - ~1500W. I was expecting a bit less although S9i is 14TH version while the S9 was 13.5TH so 3.7 speed improvement with the same power consumption.

Also tried L3++, it is running chips at higher frequency 450MHz instead of 384MHz and at higher voltage resulting in about 10% increase in power consumption for the same clock settings/hashrate. I was hoping for higher binned chips to do better with overclocking but 3 out of 4 hashing boards are doing well while 1 is not (same story like 2 of my L3+'s). The 3 good boards do go higher than L3+ working fine @500MHz while L3+ normally tops out @ 481-487MHz but the 4th is getting too many errors even @ 469, L3+'s might go to 500 as well with a bit more voltage. I need to get Blissz's firmware on it and do some more testing to see what voltages, MHz @ I can get for individual boards and @ what power consumption but initial testing leans towards L3+ being a better value for money, but then again a lot depends on luck as well and individual miner you get.

Bitmain has dropped S9i, L3+, L3++ prices a bit further today and with the BTC price going up it's even cheaper to buy another one. With my remaining $100 coupon I can now get 14TH S9i with PSU and postage for BTC0.08353579 instead of BTC 0.09731716 I paid last week so well tempted again. L3+ is cheaper as well but I think I already have enough Scrypt miners.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure