View Single Post
Old 8th September 2017, 10:09 PM

There are several websites selling D3's at tempting prices but the websites have been registered in last month so most likely scams. I have however found a seller on Alibaba that is happy to sell D3 for $2600 including power supply from the end of November batch. I understand that many people are not familiar with Alibaba and would avoid to use it but I have used it lot of times , mostly for obsolete electronic parts that are pretty much unavailable or very expensive elsewhere and have not had any issues. They are owners of Aliexpress and while I have had some issues on Aliexpress in the past they have been resolved to my satisfaction. They have Escrow like payment system where seller only gets money after I have confirmed goods received in good order or if the certain time passes without complains from buyer. This period can be extended if both parties agree like for preorder items or items lost in post. I feel that Alibabas buyer protection is at least as good as ebay/paypal if not better. It's also a lot bigger than ebay, if the ebays value is about 36 billion, Alibaba is over 400 billion.

Anyway I am just waiting to hear back from seller about shipping costs and due to time difference it may take some time. The question is do I order 1 or 2, I mean I would like to have much more but I don't think I can afford to loose more money than cost of 2 if in the unlikely event X11 mining goes down the drain.

I have contacted several other sellers on Alibaba as well but have not got responses from them yet.

If anybody wants to have a look this is the one I am looking at: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...689116732.html

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure