Thread: Back box delete
View Single Post
Old 19th October 2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTOMic View Post

Your car looks and sounds great! The new tips are oval, right? The rolled ends look very tidy and correct.

Love the "Cherished" plates! You're a pharmacist I take it?
Cheers Tom, they are oval and are as close to OEM as I could get, I'm very happy with how they look.

Quite a coincidence that you should comment on this today, my car is back at that garage for the first time since the exhaust was modified, just for MOT, but I've been told it's failed on excessive wear on the upper suspension arms with advisories on the lower arms, so I'm having them all done while it's there. My recent "wheel windfall" has quickly been wiped out by this and the rear light cluster failure but it's an S8, it's what they do.

I chuckled at your cherished plate comment, I've been mistaken for a pharmacist, but not the law abiding, legal type. My forename and surname initial is R, I just tell anyone that asks that I've added a middle name of Xavier by deed poll. It's as good as I could find after I bought the car and was looking for something relevant. It also serves the purpose of hiding the age of the car from anyone but those who know what it is, which isn't many in my experience.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra