View Single Post
Old 12th December 2016, 03:08 PM

Default A8 Forum Rules!

Well, for me, this forum "rools" for the following reasons:

(1) Existential - My car was bought from someone on here (Ian/IT), so it wouldn't exist - in my head - if that hadn't happened , and having "Herman the German" has enriched my life - and saved it at least once.

(2) Financial - Although it was (at the time) the most expensive car I'd ever considered buying privately, I've saved a small fortune in running it directly from info. on here - including >£2k on replacement cats/exhausts, >£600 on winter tyres, etc, etc. And it's free! - thanks to Ian/David and all at A8 parts

(3) Inner peace - my S8 is important to me, and it means a lot to know that someone on here can help when it looks like things are coming unstuck.

(4) R&R - even though I've been on some very, very, good non-forum holidays, the ones with forum members on here are unfailingly excellent, which brings me to...

(5) Friendship - I've met a number of thoroughly nice chaps (and laydeees too!) on here. I never expected to develop good friends from this - it's a car forum FFS!! - and, all things considered, that's what ultimately makes it the best.

So I'd like to wish an early Merry Christmas to all on here and "lang may yer lum reek"

PS - "Lum" is not a part you'll find on TPS....

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.