View Single Post
Old 31st October 2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The junction box should be behind a cover, and even if that's missing you can't spray it directly with the wheel on. There is a 2-pin connector clipped to the side of the junction box which carries the starter solenoid and alternator field connections. If that is loose or corroded then that could cause a no-start / no-charge situation.

It does sound like a low voltage issue, and tbh I wouldn't trust the Yuasa as far as I can throw it. Their usual failure mode is to test just fine but be unable to supply decent current for starting. Does anything happen at all when you try to start it? Dimming dash lights etc? Its not uncommon for the F125 to prevent starting, but that wouldn't come with all the other symptoms.
The F125 on this car is a new one and has been shifting fine replacing one that kept throwing it into limp mode. The one I gave you a while back

Just checked again and I think the battery has pooped itself. Good voltage but not enough cranking power, chattering starter and flashing dash lights.. but i will check the connections on the box first before i condemn it. I had a yuasa on my other D2 and that was only 3 years old and it just gave up.. Guess it's a Bosch going forward.
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!