Thread: Value my W12
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Fridge / electric rears / Rear screens, is the spec to have. Not many of them around.

But.

There's very few people looking for a 6 litre, 12 cylinder, pretty thirsty and costly to service D3.....

The key to a good price, is patience.

If you want it gone quick, 6 K for sure. If you can prove (audi health check, independent inspection etc) that its flawless and well serviced, along with the great spec and (relatively) cheap tax disc, you might squeeze nearer 8K imo.

S8's are regularly coming under 10K now, and unfortunately, they are the more desirable model, so you need some price difference to make yours stand out...

I would add that the last 12 months has been really tough for used car sales. I think the prolonged low interest rates has created a glut of new car buyers pushing more and more tin into the second user space, so its a tough arena even when you're not selling something so niche.
My thoughts confirmed, not going to be enough to consider selling.

Yes they can be a very expensive car to maintain, but so can any D3 or any car worth having. But, ive just ordered everything through my work for a service, 15L of oil, 4 filters and a new door lock, came to £282, which I thought was reasonable (did plugs last time).

Not the best time of year to advertise if its going to sit for a month or two, coming into bad weather and Christmas. Kinda missed my chance.

Whole D3 market seems to be coming down no matter what you've got to offer. Been watching several other W12`s sit for sale below 8k for weeks and months. Pretty stale.

Hopefully manage a deposit without selling it the way things as looking. Ill just wait till the prices go up in, what about 20 years time?