View Single Post
Old 25th October 2019, 11:36 PM

So folks, looks like it could be a Yuasa Silver battery problem maybe (thanks for the info).

I have had the car aprox 3 years and have had 3 brand new Yuasa Silver batteries on it in that time. I did have a current drain issue early on in my ownership which took me 18 months to get around to fixing. I just assumed this was why I was destroying batteries. My latest one has lasted about 8 months now and will still start and run the car OK but is needing more and more frequent external charges.

I know lead acid batteries don't like to be stood with a slow discharge so I just put it down to an inevitable consequence of how I use my car.

I'm gonna replace it with a Bosch S5 013. I know I will see a significant improvement initially as a new battery will perform well (usually) for the first couple of months. I'll let you know how it goes.

On my original point. Are there any issue with connecting 2 batteries to the same car in parallel? I am itching to give it a try before I get rid of the Yuasa but certainly don't want to bugger anything up.

My gut feeling is that if we can do this to jump a car with a flat battery then I should be OK. Does it not just make two 100ah batteries into one big 200ah battery?

Or....... Is this a case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing?