Thread: House Work
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2015, 12:29 AM

Looks like we don't have many ''racers'' here, oh well, it's ok, I do love my new stand and since having it along with the wheel my lap times did improve so it's well worth having one.

Anyway, this one my inspire a bit more members.
Some of you know that on the beginning of the year I have almost fully refurbished new house, but I have left the kitchen behind as I was starting new job and moving then as well and it was just a bit too much.

Two weeks ago I've decided to finally do it, which makes no sense because mid year is always extremely busy for me with few hours of sleep over the 8-10weeks, hence my absence on the forum for the past few weeks.
But, I just couldn't deal with this kitchen anymore so I decided to fully refurbish it along with new boiler with added magna filter inc repositioning, new rads inc new valves and TRVs, new water heater and powerflush on the whole heating system.

Btw, this is the 4th Worcester boiler I've had fitted in the past 4 years (this one, one in previous house and I fitted two of them at work as well in outside buildings) and please do believe it's well worth the extra money, way much better option than Vaillant which I also had fitted couple of years ago x2 and they are absolutely poo. Also most people I know with Vaillants are not the happiest people.
I would also recommend completing the purchase with the wireless Comfort RF controllers.

Anyway back to the kitchen.
I'm the Howdens guy, not only because of the big discounts I get for using them around my sites in the past, but also quality which is very good in my opinion. A lot professional kitchen fitter I know share the same opinion.

In last house we've had a matt finish cream kitchen with dark worktops so this time we wanted something different and in gloss, so we went with aubergine gloss and bright quarts grey worktops, bright grey floor and white walls and ceiling to brighten up the whole space completed with 322Watts of LED lighting and one feature wall.

The two things I would strongly recommend are the USB enabled sockets (not only on the kitchen of course) and green-i PIR dimmer motion sensor switches if you decide to go for mod lighting. Decided yesterday to actually start fitting them around the house, not for the energy saving really but as gadget which isn't really pointless. I just do sensor lighting around the house and you never have to worry about not switched off lights (setting is between the 1-30min from the moment of last movement and daylight sensor has plenty of adjustment as well to avoid lights coming on when it's still fairly bright)

Kitchen needs just couple of more finishing touches over the next week so will post few more detailed photos when it's all done.

Both windows spoiling it a bit, but new doors and windows will be installed in two weeks to complete the look and just then kitchen will be fully finished.

If anyone is thinking about the windows then from a long time experience with windows (commercial and domestic) I could only recommend one profile, German Rehau with optional, ut not that expensive 6mm soundproof laminated glass. Everest and Zenith windows are not that bad, but twice as much and there is honestly no reason for it, I'm serious. Last Everest windows I've had where good, but unfortunately overall as good as the installers, bad.

Few before and after pictures, more to follow soon when it's all finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0579.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	11493   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0580.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	11494   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0590.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	11495   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0597.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	11496   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0599.jpg
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	11497   Click image for larger version

Name:	img 1437684632614.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	11498   Click image for larger version

Name:	img 1437684653689.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	11499   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150724_122145.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	11500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150724_122204.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	11501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150724_122808.jpg
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	11502  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten