View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:34 PM

Just a quick update about my Scrypt-N and Garlicon testing with single RX 580 card. So I made a rig on MRR to rent out, I priced it half of the next cheapest rig to make sure it gets rented out and only available for short periods of time. It got rented out very quickly for 6 hours and earned 90p worth of BTC for that time so it would be £3.60 for a full day and £7.20 if it was at the next cheapest available price, not sure if it would get rented at that price though. I then made it unavailable and was mining Garlicoin using backup pool on MRR, in 18 hours it has earned me Garlicoin worth £2 even after £30% drop in price since yesterday. This compares favourably to about £2 it would earn on CryptoNight at the moment. Power consumption looks to be more similar to CryptoNight rather than Ethash. Not too keen running Ethash due to higher power consumption, temps and noise but need to look at the numbers for that.

I am looking at converting all my AMD cards apart from Vega to Scrypt-N rigs on MRR with Garlicoin as backup. Vega does not do well with only 240kH/s comparing to 280-300 for Rx480 or RX580. There might be some tweaks available to make it better but at the moment does not look good. Also for some reason it does not want to run on one of my rigs, it just says 'Scrypt n algorithm not found' even if I am using the copy of the same folder with same files that run on other 2 PC's .

Well I was going to rebuild it on another motherboard anyway so will see how it goes on that one with fresh copy of Windows.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure