View Single Post
Old 4th February 2018, 06:07 AM

I think ScryptNf is the same as N-Scrypt or Scrypt-N, there is not much info on the net. I am using sgminer https://mega.nz/#!XAlVmQYQ!HwFI05l2o...6kBmjpHt2_e90Y, I also tried it for CryptoNight in the past as it does not have dev fee and is supposed to be the fastest with 900+ h/s for RX580 cards but could not get it to work. It would crash in couple of seconds on one PC and did not work at all on another. As there is very little info about it on the net I abandoned it's use for XMR.

Seems to work OK for Scrypt-N and I figured out why it would not work on one PC, it needed GPU platform changing from 0 to 1, that was probably the issue why it was not working for XMR as well. But when it tells you algorithm Srypt N not found it's very confusing and there is little online info available. It should have said something like no usable GPUs found instead.

Garlicoin price has gone down by 50% in last 2 days so it's less profitable to mine but difficulty is down as well by 25%. Not sure if it's a coin worth 'hodling' or just a joke and exchanging small qties for other currency is probably not that profitable. It does look like more of a joke but then look at Dogecoin - it was supposed to be a joke and was pretty much worthless for a while. for now I am keeping 2 cards mining Garlicoin as a trial for now but not switching the rest over. The rig on MRR is not getting rented out at the prices just slightly below the others so I have dropped price to half of others but even at that price it would be over £8/day for 2 cards, the question is if somebody will rent it.

Maybe will give another go getting sgminer to work on XMR and will monitor situation with Garlicoin

Here is the Garlicoin profitability for 2 cards at the moment:

Lot of coins going up in value again, star riser for me is Litecoin with almost 35% up, and the most profitable coin for scrypt at the moment - good news for my 3x L3+s. Cardano 30% up as well I have been meaning to buy some of it but have not got round to it, now I don't know do I buy it now or wait for the price to drop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	17861  

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 4th February 2018 at 06:30 AM.