View Single Post
Old 28th November 2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89forever View Post
Question for the way more knowledgeable... my 2007 has 2G high with AMI.... as the S5 is just a fun toy and the A8 will be the daily and the family mobile.... can I swap the AMI system over???
The A8 appears to have the same 2G system.... I also have genuine software update disks to get it to 5570....

Just musing options
Don't think that's possible - the firmware is different for A4-A5, and A6-Q7-A8 - so suggests different architecture.

What has the S5 got, presume it's 3G with HDD etc?

5570 is the latest, as far as I'm aware.

It's possible to upgrade the A8 to 3G - there's a thread on here somewhere of it being done, but I'd imagine getting all the modules etc will quite a task!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC