View Single Post
Old 10th October 2017, 05:33 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Nice find

I wonder if the sale will be fulfilled though. Is it maybe an official link (perhaps given out by Bitmain staff to customers having trouble ordering) or is it just an expired link (that may have no stock associated with it)?

I'm tempted to buy more but I think I'll stick with what I have for now (an S9, one and a half L3s and a D3, when the latter ships in November). I might buy some more GPUs soon, to complete another rig I'm building, but I think I'll wait until the D3 has arrived before I consider buying another Antminer. Not that there's anything wrong with them -- they're all running perfectly so far -- I just need to find somewhere to put them all! All of my Antminers are at my customer's premises right now, but we're running out of places to put them. I'm considering building some sort of housing for them in my cellar, with a filtered air inlet and ducting to carry the heat up into the house.

Oh, the L3 firmware update and overclocking went well by the way And I've switched back to using NiceHash now after my brief Prohashing experiments. I've left the Prohashing configuration settings in the L3 though, as 'Pool 2', in case the NiceHash servers go down.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust