View Single Post
Old 15th August 2018, 02:35 PM

For those of you without the latest data; I attended the German 2018 War retaliation meet. It was bloodie wonderful, or should that read wonderfully bloodie?
Thursday 9th August 2018
19:00 Arrived home from Edinburgh tour. Ate a piza and went to bed.

Friday 10th August 2018
00:01 Woke up and dressed
00:10 Departed in my A8
05:10 Arrived EuroTunnel, Folkestone
05:36 Train departed for Calais
10:10 Drove past Eindoven, thinking everyone would have left I kept going, hoping to secretly catch up with the convoy and quietly slip in behind them. Miserable sods had a lie in.

14:45 Stopped for Fuel 20 Km before the hotel (first time out of the seat).
15:10 Arrived at hotel. First A8/S8 there.

Slowly the others arrived, first a few Germans, then some more Germans, then the English attackers complete with support vehicles and finally some more Germans.
Surprisingly, without shots being fired, peace was declared and I received lots of very welcome hugs.
Car bollocks started, drinks were drunk, more car bollocks and food digested followed by more drinks and car bollocks until deep into the night. I was unable to stay the pace and fell into my bed before midnight. Sorry that I let the side down but my old body was well knackered by then and I wanted to be awake for breakfast and more CB.
Really interesting convoy run to the Edelsee, nice boat ride followed by two goes at the Summerollerbahn. Think about an inspection trolley with a very weak brake hurtling down a steel half pipe.
Good fun. Followed by a barbecue and prize presentations.

We won best car (Dean in a red T shirt) and furthest travelled. The intrepid Vera won 3rd best car. Somehow a German won second best car.

Quiet drive back to the hotel and the usual evening shenanigans with lots of liquid plus CB.
Sunday after breakfast people started to depart but yours truly could not because my keys were in the locked boot. Vera stepped forward and managed to organise rescue of said keys by the Local bright yellow uniformed ADAC operative. Whilst this erstwhile man did the dirty on my car Vera and I retired to the hotel and took part of a nice lunch.
Car restored to operational capability and Vera and I set off northwards, sort of, parting ways at a Junction where I peeled off northwards for twenty minutes arriving in Bielefeld for coffee and cakes followed shortly by a heavy dinner, and a short drive to my old abode.
Couple of days visiting old friends in the area and today I have driven via Viersen, visiting an old Army buddy, and am currently ensconced in my hotel room in Valkenburg near Maastricht in Holland.
Must remember to book my return rail journey for Friday night.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)