View Single Post
Old 31st July 2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Amazing coincidence considering it’s your old car Goran (hope you’re well btw) - I have the exact same problem! Car turns over but refuses to start, however I have all the transmission lights lit up on the dash. Could this be fuel pump as well? Or F125?

I must admit, I can’t hear the fuel pump when I first turn the key but would failure of that cause all the transmission lights to light up?

FYI - there is loads of power from the batt because I keep a CTEK MXS 7.0 connected when it’s not being driven. Turns over smooth as ice and very fast.

EDITED TO ADD - Oh I noticed your post was 19th June - did you fix your car? Was it the fuel pump?

Cheers
Hi! Glad to hear you still have the car.
It seems around the 20 year mark is around the limit for these old fuel pumps. I guess 20 years work is very good for a brushed motor fuel pump.
I still haven't got round to starting on mine, been abroad for a few weeks.
I have the new pump already, but now I have to hunt around for all the seals and washers etc before I can start the job. And I'll have to buy some cheap run around car until this is fixed. What a pain.

I hope you get yours sorted. These are such nice cars, there is nothing new that can replace them.