View Single Post
Old 17th January 2021, 02:03 PM

of course..... you are correct.
So, finally having sorted a Windows 7 laptop i went back to installing the software and updating the drivers and we now have the computer communicating with the Galletto and able to see the cars ecu.... and there i stopped.... a couple of thing stopped me
Snow and it being miserable outside
A battery on the laptop not being the most robust and needing the power lead on it at all times
I discovered that the battery on the A8 isn't optimal and whilst the car starts fine, if you sit with the ignition on for any short length of time it runs flat instantly, so to proceed it needs a charger connecting to maintain the electrical current.

Knowing how easy it is to brick an ecu i want to wait until the weather is better and get set up comfortably and not have any electric disruptions for fear of it dying, or spiking and bricking the ecu and immobilising the car for daily use....!!!

However i feel it has made a (small) step forward..... and the seller finally admitted that the plug they sent was incorrect so i am expecting a plug adapter so i can bench flash as well if needs be.....