View Single Post
Old 20th September 2017, 07:45 AM

This is the way I understand it as a CPC (National & International) holder.
If a qualified PoliceOfficer or VOSA Inspector issues a VOR notice at a roadside check it takes immediate effect.
The annual MOT in effect is really to save the powers having to inspect every vehicle evry day. That is what the driver and owner are supposed to do, i.e. daily check before commencing to drive, and intermediate during the journey checks. As a commercial driver you have to complete a Daily Check Form as part of your start up procedure. This is a legal requirement.
The inspecting officer can issue a "back to depot" order if the problem is minor and the vehicle has to be reinspected and order rescinded after the repair.
I did this once with a frayed outer on a brake hose where I went to the VOSA man's house and he was happy to crawl under and clear the order enabling me to continue working. It was too late in the day to visit a MOT garage.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)