View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 08:34 PM

On the GPU front it's been doing rather well with them pulling the weight lately as ASICS does not earn much more than electricity costs although I do belive there is a lot to give in future from LTC and ETH, not so sure about BTC.

Done very well with RX480/580 cards on CryptoNote-Heavy algorithm, had some 10 day contracts that netted £4/day/card. Even switched 1080Tis to CN-Heavy for a while but only did one rental as the prices dropped. If you are top of the game and follow new trends there are more money to be made but takes a lot of time as the new more profitable coins/ algorithms does not appear on calculators straight away if ever so you need to find it yourself with a lot of searching.

The first boost for CN-Heavy was from Haven about £3/card/day, then dropped to £2, then Loki brought it over £4. It has dropped now but still £2+ /day/card so still doing well.

Also ventured a bit in PHI1612 with 1080Ti on MRR mining LUX when not rented for a while then x16r mining RVN when not rented but x16r is very heavy on GPU with high power consumption and high fan speeds so as the prices dropped I switched back to Equihash. In the process I have expanded my portfolio now owning small amounts of LUX, RVN & HAV.

RX card prices have dropped with 580 around £250 and Vega 56 £450 so might be good time to buy. nVidia cars still a bit pricey with 1080Ti £600+

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure