View Single Post
Old 16th October 2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
That looks pretty good spec for the price.

The only issue with 4.2 Tdi is the DPF's, but that usually occurs around 100K. Otherwise they are pretty robust. I've had 4 of them.

If they've been fixed great. If they've been removed it might cause you issues later as the MOT tightens up.

I'm not aware of any suspension changes on the facelift, but if you prefer a sportier drive you probably want to find a 'sport' model rather than an SE or at least an SE with sport suspension.

The 4.2 wins hands down over the 3.0 every day of the week and twice a day at weekends. There is no comparison when it comes to power and the 3.0 Tdi isn't that much more economical really. + the V8 sounds less commercial than the V6 one...

There might be a small difference in tax disc, but that's small fry in the grand scheme of things.

If you do 95% motorway this has adaptive cruise too, which will be nice....

If you're an audiophile, then the B&O is worth every penny. The Bose is very good. But for perfection, you can really hear the extra 4 grands worth in the B&O system. Rare though, you'll find you have to compromise on many other things to find B&O....

I guess one other comment I have is that the 4.2 Tdi suffers the same problem as the W12 - Its a bit nose heavy. If you really press on you'll feel the car nosediving a bit. The 3.0 Tdi doesn't suffer that so badly, but its not a big enough issue to avoid the 4.2....
Many thanks, I was reading your threads with eagerness last night.

Yep, this car has ACC from what I could tell. Its a lot of car for £8K. Is the lack of service history a concern? I could just get it serviced, do the 20K miles I am expecting to do in 6 months and if I no longer need the car, sell it on.

Im only aware of one B&O car for sale at the moment, but need to find it. I dont really want a 3.0 TDI or a LWB car. This rules out most.

The suspension changes are documented, I need to find them again but supposedly it makes the car more sporty.

I dont see many sport version cars. At present, this car for £8K seems the 'best' for what I need albeit with minor risk with lack of service history. The car is fairly clean though and Im sure the steeringwheel could be replaced and/or touched up. A black interior car would be better for me.

Lovely interior on this (IMHO) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-AUDI-...gAAOSwQTVWBpOx pity its only a 3.0 TDI.