View Single Post
Old 19th April 2017, 10:39 PM

MatthewH..

Hat off to you sir! what a guy!

That was not just a spectacular attempt at something which the dealers would, (and indy's have ripped me personally a new rear end for); but also an excellent write up.

One of my rear calipers died on me a few years back and I ended up paying an indy circa £1200 for the fix (including a new EPB module), incidentally the EPB is throwing errors again, and it doesn't work (if you activate it, you get no end of alarm bells going off in the car, which take a while to stop bleeping) - so I just don't use it.

The rear pads are now in need of replacement, so I wonder if I will end up having to do something similar.

A few questions:

When you remove the brake line, doesn't that assume that brake fluid will just pour out? or would that only happen if the brake pedal was depressed?

Also, when you say bleed the brakes, do you mean to remove some of the old brake fluid and top up with more, in order to remove any trapped air?

thanks again for your post - I found it very useful!

ps - what were the initial symptoms? you mention sliding pins? not familiar with these - would love to hear more on this.