View Single Post
Old 7th August 2017, 08:02 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
They made a Lada Riva look like quality engineering
My first car was a Lada (a white one funnily enough). Not a Riva though but the earlier Lada VAZ-2101 (Russian Fiat 124). Had it for 6 months before it ended its days in a fight with a traffic light. The traffic light lost but the car was a write-off (particularly since I'd only paid £150 for it).

After killing the Lada, I had my first experience with British Leyland. I was on the market for something cheap and sh1te. Very nearly bought an old Citroen CX but for some reason I forked out £500 for an old Morris Ital 1.7HL instead. Again in white. Talk about out of the frying pan ...

By comparison, the Lada was definitely the better built vehicle of the two.

Those 2 were the first and last white cars I've ever owned.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust