View Single Post
Old 27th March 2022, 06:43 AM

Default Audis with air suspension query

Hi all

Mainly a question for those with relatively recent air suspended models (post 2014 really) - I'm currently looking at S6 Avants and have a long standing issue with not being able to get any of my cars since our 2004 A6 Avant onto my MIL's driveway, which was badly installed by pikeys and has a horrific peak to the tarmac at the top of a very steep drive, which has caught every subsequent car I've tried to get on it, including my old D2 S8 and current S5 Sportback and Golf GTI.

Her selection of 5 Fiestas of various generations bought since the drive was done have all been short enough wheelbase and high enough ground clearance that they're fine, so there's zero incentive to spend money on sorting it properly.

I'm wondering if lift mode can be used for slow speed manoeuvring, or if the handbooks all say to only use it statically when prepping to jack the car up? My closest experience of cars with lifting suspension is the hydraulic system on the Citroen BX! With those you can't drive the car in the highest setting as it locks out the struts completely and using any steering lock at the same time is likely to wrench something out and result in green wee on the floor!

I've seen my perfect spec S6, but the timing is as usual lousy and need to find £20k down the back of the sofa.....but it is lovely spec

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC