View Single Post
Old 10th December 2017, 12:24 PM

It has been eventful week with NiceHash going down. I had somewhere near 0.05 BTC earned when it went down. I guess it's all gone now, there are not much details but it seems like all their wallet /wallets were cleaned so I do not see how they can come back and cover everybody's balance unless they had other reserves or if they receive a big investment. But they can probably sell IP and open another service based on it. I am not sure it was done for financial gain as BTC blockchain is public and all transactions can be traced so it will be very hard to cash it in without being traced. I would say it's more likely to be competitor who just wanted to bring NiceHash down or possibly grudged former or current employee.

Anyway it's not all bad as it forced me to look at alternatives and I was already considering mining some coins directly in the future, this just brought the process forward. I have spent a lot of time since trying to work out best options. I guess I lost about £500 that i had earned on NiceHash but my monthly income has probably increased now by the same amount.

My AMD cards are now set up as CryptoNight rigs on miningrigrentals and mining Electroneum directly when not rented out and instead of earning £20-25 per day on NiceHash they are now getting about £40, nVidia cards were earning very little on WinMiner so I have set them as Equihash rig on MRR for now and mining BTG directly when not rented out but I think I will need to change this to lyra2REv2 and mine Monacoin when not rented out. Or possibly sell them and get 3x Vegas instead.

L3+'s are on MRR as well but price after initial surge have gone down now and when not rented out they are working on prohashing for now.

D3 has modified firmware and has gone from 19GH/s and 1185W to 15.8GH/s and 735W, also rented out on MRR most of the time and on prohashing when not.

It's definitely more involving and taking up much more time, Electroneum seems good and offer decent return exchanging it for BTC on Cryptopia but their withdrawal fees are rather large so only acceptable when trading large quantities.

Also after one of the used RX 480 I bought in the summer failed about a month ago and I sent it out for warranty replacement has now been replaced with RX580 by manufacturer and I have not yet plugged it in. I was a bit worried whether they will honour warranty as I had modified BIOS and overclocked it but they replaced it no questions asked.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 10th December 2017 at 12:30 PM.