View Single Post
Old 11th December 2017, 01:55 PM

I reckon it was the Norks who hacked Nicehash. Kim is probably spending our BTC on building more missiles.

I set my Vega rig up on Miningpoolhub as it can auto-switch currency per algo depending on the best return, and will auto-exchange earnings to the currency of your choice which is pretty handy. It only does Monero on XMR at the moment but could switch to Electroneum when its supported if it was paying better. It was running at about £12 a day before fees, but I was away over the weekend so it was shut down as I still don't know if its stable. I'm going to crank up the fan speeds this evening and run it overnight to see what it does. I read somewhere that the card's reported temperature was the GPU core, but the memory runs quite a bit hotter. Since the GPU has been at 75*, toasty memory could account for the random crashes. Fingers crossed...

After two hours its running at a steady 3.6KH/s, both GPUs reporting ~50*C. Cast-XMR seems to get more H/s from these cards, but XMR-stak has a watchdog timer to reboot if the GPU crashes so sticking with that for now.

Update: 11pm, still going, but the return looks far lower than the figures initially suggested - its only made £1 in 7 hours MPH does PPLNS payment though which apparently takes longer to see returns but pays a bit better according to an FAQ I found somewhere else. I'm going to run it for as long as it stays stable and see what happens.

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 11th December 2017 at 10:10 PM.