View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
I will ask my mate who actually made his own links which are much easier to adjust than the ones on sale.
I know he went pretty mental and he has 20s as well.

I'm on 20s as well, 275/35/20, 9J, ET28 and ET 35 and -15mm front and -10mm rear and still plenty of room. Even when both axles were lowered by -25mm there was still a lot of room.

There is nothing wrong with each of the methods and it really is all down to personal preference.
'many errors' is almost a myth mainly because in 8 out of 10 cars VAG lowering wasnt done properly. This is down to few factors:
- some people jump straight to entering the values before even dooing a proper scan for any old or existing errors with any air suspension components such as level sensors, main controller or leaking tank or compressor. Even old error can cause the lowering to fail.
- some people just dont follow correct procedures, cut corners or rush.
- there are also solutions/procedures when lowering fails which you can solve if you have enough knowledge/understanding/experience with this mod. Some people just think its all about plug in the laptop, typing few numbers and all done. It's not.
- I worked on car's where someone with no VAGCOM and knowledge or at least a little research went to someone who had a VAGCOM but never looked into the process and they just followed a calibration video.

There is many many factors which can make it an easy mod straight from the first time, but sometimes it takes few attempts. If there is no serious issues to report then its all doable.

I know many people with VAGCOM lowered D3s and only one with links, and I've done few as well. Each car is different tho.

I'll ask my mate how low his D3 sits now and will report back soon.

Looking forward to some pictures when you do it
Nice one cheers mate.

Picked up my wheels yesterday so will be getting tyres sorted next week and fitting will happen. Well excited.