View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
....Wish I had also known that the kits were so cheap in Oz - I have been visiting Oz (perth) every year for the last 6yrs and could have run an import business on the side....
I don't want to be misleading about the price. I would still have to pay shipping to Australia on that price, which can be pricey, but still way cheaper than I could buy the equivalent parts for locally! And forget about asking Audi Australia for a part. If I ever want a good laugh I just go in to Audi and ask them for a price on such and such a part. Eye watering! I remember when I got my first C4 in 2008, I went in and priced a CV joint - $880 AUD! The Chinese ones were $45 AUD on ebay at the time (which I would never use), but equivalent OEM parts from USA were a fifth of the price quoted by Audi - including shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Genuine parts are £600-800 ish I think?

.....If you shop around and wait for it you can sometimes find it for under £200 so I think FCP's price for the 32V kit is entirely reasonable.
The big US parts places seem to have great prices from my experience....even after paying the shipping to Australia. I have used AutohausAZ and FCP Euro FCP Groton in the past and been very happy.