View Single Post
Old 11th October 2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I'm only on here once a day now, so somewhat late to responding... and you've resolved the issue anyway.

The sensors I bought were Autel MX sensors and did require programming, which is what the pad is required for. You run the software on your PC, select the appropriate car, and when requested to do so, put the sensor on the pad (repeat for each sensor). It seems to work like induction charging on mobiles.

I found out the hard way as I only bought the sensors (there was nothing in the ads about programming and nothing about what the pad was for). Had they fitted to freshly refurbed wheels, went through the initialising and setting processes numerous times and they wouldn't work. Checked the official Autel site out and found out why.
Thank you . Makes sense now as they were 'universal' and hence needed programming to the car.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder