View Single Post
Old 8th November 2020, 05:45 PM

Default LHD wiper motor

Hi. My W12 wipers have been out for a while. Hard to pin point exactly whats wrong but the VCDS says there is no communication with the wiper module. Checked all the fuses and they are also fine. So the wiper module is in the wiper motor and I have found several on the web. Not going new as I cant afford $225. My question is many that I have seen on UK sites are going cheap £25-30 but my car is LHD. Looking at them they look exactly alike but do they work alike. My instinct tells me that one unit will wipe clockwise while the other will wipe the other way. Does anyone know if they will work identically. Im aware than the linkages are different but the motors and the part numbers seem identical. Id rather not waste money importing an item that just doesnt work. My part number is 4E 1955 119B. . I also heard elsewhere that there were a particular bad batch of these motors made in 2004. That the later ones are the ones to go for. Just as an aside, my rain sensor is also kaput but the wipers worked fine for more than 2 years after that started malfunctioning. Thanks

Other cars: Toyota Solara Coupe..Daily driver
Subaru Legacy B4 RSK : Project car RHD to LHD conversion ongoing
Make 2mrw better than 2dy