View Single Post
Old 14th July 2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
haha Sounds interesting. I might have to try that when I get my GPU rigs back online. I'll study the info when I have more time ... but I wonder how they've achieved such an increase in performance.
I understand it's the same thing you do with BIOS mods for AMD cards just done with software - modify VRAM timings. Some of my AMD cards have seen similar increase going from 22MH/s to 30+MH/s. The free public version is only for cards with GDDR5x VRAM so 1080, 1080Ti an Titan XP. They have paid solutions for other nVidia cards but only sell to large mining farms. They are apparently also on their own miners with integrated pill which will mine devfee like most of other miners and also working on solution for HBM2 VRAM ( Vega cards). I guess they released this version as PR or proof of their ability as these cards in minority of all the cards mining.

Quote:
However, since the B3 is a little different to the usual ASIC-based miners, in that it uses AI processors, I wonder if it can be reprogrammed to run other algos
Quite possibly but it is quite limited of what it could run in the B3 configuration as there is no RAM connected to Sophon chips so you are limited to 32MB onboard memory and this is divided in 512kb chunks one for each of 64 NPU so you probably can only use it for whatever algorithm can fit in 512kb of memory . The chips do have 4 channels of 64+8 bit DDR3/DDR4 RAM interface and supports up to 16GB of RAM per chip ( 12 chips in B3) it's just that there is no RAM on B3 hashing boards.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 14th July 2018 at 11:14 AM.