View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 03:14 PM

Default Advice needed passenger side exhaust downpipe.

Hi All,

Newbie advice required. Currently removed the nearside manifold (bit of a PITA) but have left the downpipe in situ. Yes I have probably attacked this arse about face but it seemed logical to me at the time . I found that there must have been a previous removal and replacement as the gasket is split and some seal has been applied. All removed, cleaned and a new gasket ordered. That should alleviate the blow from the exhaust.

Now being the curious type I thought I would send my camera into the downpipe to have a look at the CAT internals. Now I am pretty sure it is a cat as the coding underneath says its a CAT (I googled it) but my camera just went sailing right through - Its empty!! Is that right? Funnily enough I remember a rattling coming from this side of the engine a while back, and then it disappeared....

So, I am assuming the downpipe will need to come out - will help with the F125 later.......

Question:

1: On the downpipe I find two O2 sensors (lucky me) and can locate the connector affixed to the bulkhead for the pre-cat sensor, but Im struggling to locate the rear connector. I am looking at the tight tangled mess of pipework in the way and thinking why did I start this Can anyone advise where to spot the rear sensor connector? I am thinking once found to run some string through connected to the cables, as I have no other method of re-routing upon replacement? Otherwise, is it a good idea just to unbolt the sensors from the exhaust, leave them in the car and take said exhaust away?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_153142.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	23480   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_153133.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	23481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_153022.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	23482  
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!