View Single Post
Old 20th November 2020, 07:05 PM

Interesting seeing the difference between the years. The pre cat sensor is in the same place my ACK engine (bit fiddly to untangle but I managed to winkle it out) but mine is a lower (older) emission standard so I don’t have an after cat sensor. The cat looks quite different, I only have a small resonator box and flexible pipe at the manifold flange and a bigger single cat after the gear box. However for my ten penneth, the U bolts on the cat to main pipe joint are utterly useless at sealing those pipes. They’d been on mine for ages and every few months they’d leak and need new sealant and tightening back up and we’re frankly nothing but a PITA. I replaced them with a constricting band type like originally fitted (significantly more expensive than u bolts) and they make a much better seal. Worth every penny to save me having to crawl underneath with 13mm spanner’s and a tube of exhaust sealant! But looking at your pictures that could be because the down pipe has no supporting mount (like yours has after the cat) and a flexible pipe at the manifold joint so it moves more and pulls the pipe joint.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids