View Single Post
Old 14th May 2016, 09:21 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. With the old one, I disconnected the ARB links and could turn twist the bar in the bushes with no effort and slide it back and forth longitudanally if I twisted it at the same time. While doing this it would creak and I could feel the 'judder' through the bar like when you drag a damp finger on glass.
I remember now, I used some of that white waterproof grease designed for car door hinges, not silicone.
It became quiet for a few months and then started again and then started knocking (as Architex's) when traversing ridges such as speed ramps or drop kerbs at a slight angle. I didn't realise it was the ARB causing this knock until I had already replaced all 8 control arms and then taking it to Nottingham Audi who on the day of the appointment had concierges with earpeices in the carpark who greeted me and already knew who I was and called through on their mic' for a technician to come in the car park to ask for a demo which I thought was very professional. He knew what it was almost straightaway.

Last edited by snapdragon; 14th May 2016 at 09:27 AM.