Thread: 47p2's Garage
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2012, 10:27 AM

The floor of the garage needed to be brought up so 20 tonnes of hardcore was laid

and for the very first time on a cold December night I can put 3 vehicles inside

Power was next, nothing as elaborate as Cat5 or Cat6 but 3 phase 415v to run equipment and enough 240v sockets and lighting to make working in the garage a pleasant experience

and a lick of paint to make the interior a little brighter

This was a great day, power in and cars all tucked away for the night

Remember these?

Well they have been sitting in the front garden since they were pulled out of the ground 9 months ago. I had called several companies to price having them removed and was shocked to hear that they wanted between £350 and £550..... A skip was going to cost £220 plus I had to get them into it, so in the front garden they sat.

A couple of weeks ago an Irishman rang my doorbell and offered to remove them for £300 and I said no, I said I would go to £140 and that was all, he left. Today the same Irishman came back and said £200 and I said £140, he said he would see the rest of the guys and let me know.

At 4.00pm he arrived with a hiab and took them away for £140....

I worked throughout the winter painting the exterior, sorting out gutters and drains and the sockets and lights

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro