View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 12:53 PM

Don't rush into sending any hoses to Spectrum Brian until we have proven that these work. Given Neil's reassurance about the fittings, I personally am confident enough to give them a try. What I am more concerned about is the internal liner part of the construction. If he hasn't got that right then I suspect there will be problems. He has confirmed that it is back in there but I am struggling to see how he would have secured it in place. The only sure fire way is for someone to fit them and test them. That's not really something anyone who has to pay for them fitting is going to want to do. If they don't work you will then have to pay again for them to be replaced, and with what? It's a tricky situation.

I personally have a few options here and at the moment I'm still mulling over which way to go.

1. Leave well alone as I don't have any leaks and everything is working OK at the moment.

2. Try the new hoses whilst I have plenty of time on my hands and don't really need to run the car. My main reluctance with this is working on my drive and the mess.

3. If I take the car to my local independent to get the pipes fit, what do I do if there are problems? I would need a backup plan and be prepared to pay for the job twice.

4. Buy a genuine set from Audi Tradition via a third party but you'd be looking at nearly £1000 for the full set landed in the UK.

It's a real problem that we will all have to deal with at some point as the cars get older.

We need a DIY'r willing to test the hoses at minimum cost to themselves and who can put there car back to "as was" if they don't work out.

It's not a small ask. Unless we have someone out there who's car is off the road because of knackered hoses and who can DIY the job.

I'd be willing to donate the hoses as long as they'd be willing to feed back to the forum.

Stay safe
Cheers Frank