View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2018, 02:10 PM

Question

Just reviving this thread rather than posting a new one...

I'm about to replace all 4 tyres on my D4 which is currently running slightly oversized 275/40/20 Avon ZX7's on 20" OEM 10-parallel spoke wheels (PRK). They've been okay, no issues with grip/feel/water etc., but I do find the noise levels in the cabin to be fairly high, particularly when on crap roads (i.e. the ones where they throw glue & gravel down rather than resurface with new tarmac).

The majority of time the car is on A roads rather than motorways, and I'm looking for a mid-range tyre on the original 265/40/20 size, which is going to be as quiet as possible. The Goodyear SCT versions sound good, but perhaps a bit more than I'm looking to fork out. My local tyre centre has offered Davanti DX640 for £135 (inc. fitting/vat etc.), which are (apparently) manufactured by Continental?, or a budget one, Accelera IOTA ST68 at £85!! High-end wise, it would be the Goodyear
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 at £185 each.

While the Accelera tyres are a great price (and rated at 68db), I worried they may be a bit too budget? Has anyone had any experience of these?

I've also considered dropping the wheel size to 19", but not sure that'll make a huge difference.

Thoughts, opinions & suggestions very much welcome

Last edited by mitcheto; 23rd October 2018 at 02:13 PM.